National Tour points

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: National Tour points
From: RacerRay52@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 18:33:46 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/99 2:22:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Hottvr writes:

<< If Solo wants a big time image have National
 points and watch what happens.  >>

     I have already told you what will happen. Someone in a given class will
be the only one to run all the events because he is the only one with the
free time and the travel money to do so. He will probably also have enough
money to have a car that works in a class and all the tweaks that can be had
to make it good. So even if he is a crummy driver he will be the only one to
score points [or have a chance to score] in EVERY event. His "championship"
will be a reward for showing up, not for being good at the sport. It could be
fun to do that. Travel is broadening, the old saying says. But such a
championship would be one I would be a little embarrassed to actually put on
my resume. Someone might ask who you ran against in all those events. It
would be some different people in each one.
     Solo2 having a big time national image is a pipe dream. Attempts to give
it a big time image just make it more expensive and less interesting for
people who would enjoy it for what it is -- a half fast substitute for
racing.  Say "half fast" three times quickly and you will get the idea.

Ray