Re: National Tour points

To: hottvr@tfs.net
Subject: Re: National Tour points
From: mikelowe@pop.c-com.net
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 01:07:28 +0000
> Why is there no National Tour points ranking? I think someone touched on
> this
> awhile back. I think it would be a great idea.

     If there was nationwide ranking, people that really dig
championships would be forced to attend events across the country.
Let's see, the Denver folks come out to the event site and set up
their equipment.  People do their runs.  Then Denver tallies up the
points.  Gee, sounds like Pro Solo to me.
     The cool thing about National Tours is that we get
Denver-administrated (with local officials) events.  But they are
_seperate_ events.
     I rented a kart (yeehah!) at the Fort Worth Tour.  That will be
the only Tour I do this year.  I live near Houston and that Tour was
the only National SCCA event in my part of the continent.  Every
other such event was/is >500 miles away.  Most are >1000 miles away.

We do not need three seperate nationwide championships (Tours, Pro
Solos, and Nationals).  Two is enough.

Mike Lowe    mikelowe@phoenix.net    http://www.phoenix.net/~mikelowe
Texas A&M Sports Car Club    Houston Region SCCA    Miata Club of America
'96 Miata R   BS 93