Re: Manuals

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net, hillman@bigpond.com
Subject: Re: Manuals
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@au.oracle.com>
Date: 11 Oct 99 10:29:34 +1000
--=_ORCL_20834196_0r0

>And can someone tell me whether I want "Tuning Rover
>V8 Engines" or  "The Rover V8 Engine", or both, and why?

I have bought both of these books from pitstop books in Australia.   I was
hoping for some books that would describe the rebuild of a bog standard 3.5
range rover v8, I guess a sort of expanded work shop manual.

Tuning Rover V8's is not too bad for this.  It does have some hints on
solving various problems with the rover v8.   But it is really desigined as
an accompaniament to a good work shop manual, and does not have any step by
step processes.    It deals with a lot of exotic blocks, manifolds and
carbies that I have not seen here but may be readily available in the UK.
But is in no way a workshop manual replacement.

I really liked the The Rover V8 Engine, for its historical content.  Makes a
good reading book.  Not much techo assembly stuff. And again is in no way a
workshop manual.

I have a Haynes Range rover manual, this unfortunately seems to have various
bits left out, often at the most critical poinst.  It is in fact a poor copy
of the original Range Rover Repair book.

For what I wanted none of these books really worked.  The best I have found
so far is the original R.O.M for a range rover.

Hope this helps...

p.s Pitstop is the best Australian online book shop for Auto books I have
come accross.  Really prompt service,  not too bad prices and delivery the
next day.

Regards
Stuart

--=_ORCL_20834196_0r0