Re: Manuals

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Manuals
From: DaveLam59@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 19:13:38 EDT
To Lar & All,

You should be able to order the Hardcastle "Tuning" book on-line.  A quick
search of Amazon.Com's site by ISBN number (I have the book) produced the
following:

"Tuning Rover V8 Engines :
 How to Get the Best Performance for Road and Competition Use"
by David Hardcastle
Our Price: $34.95
Availability: This title usually ships within 2-3 days.
Hardcover (January 1994)
Haynes Pubns; ISBN: 0854299335
Dimensions (in inches): 0.61 x 10.89 x 8.39

Another book that may be of help (depending on your donor car) is:

"Haynes: Rover 3500 V8 Owners Workshop Manual, 1976-1984"
ISBN: 0 85696 833 1
This Manual covers all Rover 3500 Models with 5-door (hatchback) body
3500, 3500SE, V8S, Vanden Plas and Vitesse
3528 cc (215 cu in) V8 carburettor and fuel injection engines

I grabbed that one of the Rover manual while I was stationed in Great Britain
and thinking of buying an engine from a Rover SD1 for a project install in a
1972 Mk1 Capri (don't ask).

Good Luck
Dave