Re: Dots on big end bearing caps/ manuals

To: Stuart Goggin <SGOGGIN@au.oracle.com>
Subject: Re: Dots on big end bearing caps/ manuals
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:33:09 -0400
A really excellent manual for dis-assembly & overhaul of the Rover V-8 is the
"Workshop Manual Supplement MGB GT V8".
This is part # AKD 8468 Austin Morris Group- British Leyland- Service & KD
Division. This is a British Motor Heritage publication through the services of
Brooklands Books Ltd of Surry, England, Mona Vale, Australia, & North Branch,
MN, USA.

This is a reprint of the official workshop manual with permission from Rover for
its publication, & is available from normal British Automobile book suppliers &
others.

Original workshop manuals for the Rover 3500 are still to be found at swap
meets. I have one that covers both the 6 cyl & V-8 engines, as well of lots of
things of no interest, such as body, brakes, vent /heating, etc, but it was
worth buying for the motor info which includes fuel injection, & it also covers
the Rover 5-speed tranny I won't use.

Jim Stuart