Judging "New" Triumphs, was Trailer Queens

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Judging "New" Triumphs, was Trailer Queens
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:11:18 -0500charset="Windows-1252"
I've been following this thread with interest and  would like to toss out
one more variable/question: what constitutes modified? I suspect that at "
Triumph only" shows, the majority of participants voting, favor cars that
are restored to "as close to original" as possible.  Obviously someone with
triple webers, a supercharger or a V8 would be considered modified. If
original is defined as *how you could have bought the car equipped when
new*, wouldn't that throw a lot of our cars into the modified class? My TR6
has a lot of "enhancements" that would/should keep it from being considered
original: Koni & Spax shocks, mohair top, burlwood dash, Grant steering
wheel, Hayden Aux Fan, K&N air filters, spin on oil filter, Bridgestone
tires, AM/FM cassette stereo.. etc. etc. It was also driven over 5,000 miles
in the past year. My question for the list is twofold: should there be a
more liberal interpretation of modified to include cars such as mine
and.....  in a participant's vote, do you favor the Triumph that has been
restored to original specs over one that has been "modified", <even if the
modified one were a car in better overall condition>? My guess is that at a
mixed event (Triumphs, Healey, Jags etc), the participants vote for the car
they like best. At a single marquee event, they vote more on originality.
This isn't meant as a flame by any means....... just curious as to how the
list feels (and votes) about original vs. "modified".

Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - Status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD