RE: Re[2]: Judging "New" Triumphs, was Trailer Queens

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Re[2]: Judging "New" Triumphs, was Trailer Queens
From: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:37:40 -0600
Greg of territorial marking fame wrote:
Sure there's a "participant's choice" competition... Where is it
        held? Generally at the far side of the hotel, away from where the
        concours is (are they afraid of our "cooties"? It seems to come
        off like a consolation prize (kind of an automotive "Miss
        Congeniality").

I was really disappointed in Rockford (1995).  I didn't realize there was a
modified class in Concourse, so I entered Participant's Choice.  I didn't win
anything, but I saw modified cars that I don't think were nearly as nice as
mine taking certificates in Concourse.

Well, if I ever make it to another convention I'll know better.  I really other
shows that are all Participant's Choice though, it allows me to do my
deductions for trailers and shop vs. personal work.

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to trailer my cars!
'96 Ford SVT Cobra Mystic #1345 (mostly stock, for now)
'72 Triumph TR-6 OD (highly modified)
'59 Triumph 10 Sedan (in boxes)