Re: Judging "New" Triumphs, was Trailer Queens

To: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Judging "New" Triumphs, was Trailer Queens
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:42:08 -0500 ()
Cc: DLMAssoc@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Joseph J Burlein wrote:

> As for telling if someone is lying, I think it would be rather easy to
> tell the trailer queens from the drivers.

Just a guess: you've never been to a meet with Jim Holewka also in
attendance, right? Jim's car is driven hundreds (or thousands) of miles to
a meet, run hard in moving events, and then cleaned up for the show. And I
daresay you'd be hard-pressed to find anywhere a better and more correct
example of an early TR6 now or when the cars were new.

It CAN be done, right Jim?

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *