RE: Judging "New" Triumphs, was Trailer Queens

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Judging "New" Triumphs, was Trailer Queens
From: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:32:37 -0600
Joe said:
>>As for
telling if someone is lying, I think it would be rather easy to tell the
trailer queens from the drivers.<<

Now we open up a whole new can of worms.  What constitutes a "driver"?  100
miles per year?  10,000 miles per year?  Driven only to local shows?  Driven
rain or shine?  Driven only on nice Sunday afternoons?  As an owner who
believes that cars should be driven, I would love to see a class like this, I
just don't see how it can be done.

I've only been to one Mustang show, and it had no concourse, only participant's
choice, broken down into like model years and modified or stock.  Modified was
determined to be 3 or more non factory options, and I saw many cars registered
in stock class that should have been in modified.  I took 3rd in '94-'98
Mustang (stock) beating out another Mystic Cobra with only 1800 miles on it, to
my 21,000.  I think that shows that the Mustang crowd appreciates the cars that
are driven, too.

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to drive boring cars!
'96 Ford SVT Cobra Mystic #1345 (mostly stock)
'72 Triumph TR-6 OD (highly modified)
'59 Triumph 10 Sedan (in boxes)