RE: thanks! & K&N Filters

To: "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>,
Subject: RE: thanks! & K&N Filters
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:59:17 -0400
Before anybody goes and spends the $$ on K+N air filters, I suggest
the following experiment:  Drive the car around for an hour or
so with no air filters at all (stay off dirt roads!).  If you
are not impressed with the performance increase, don't bother
buying the K+Ns, since they can't make the engine any more powerful
than that.

I think it would be hard to generalize how good they will work if
you are not checking or tweaking the carbs at the same time.  If
your car happened to run rich without the K+Ns, the mixture might
be optimum for them, but if it is already running on the lean side,
adding the filters could possibly make things worse.

Only your dynamometer knows for sure...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit