Re: thanks! & K&N Filters

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: thanks! & K&N Filters
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:26:59 -0400
Not sure what the point of the flame was, since I don't have a
vested interest in K&N.  What I told you was engineering
scientific fact about air flow filtration.  Well referenced and
documented in various engineering handbooks and trade
journals on the subject.

Nolan Penney wrote:
> An oiled gauze filter on the other hand counts on impingment.
> The air travels through the cloth weave, twisting and turning
> a bit to get around the individual fibers.  The particles on the
> other hand, don't make the turn and get stuck in the oil.

  A nice story, but I caution strongly against using
"thought and reason" to justify what you really hope to
be true.