thanks! & K&N Filters

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: thanks! & K&N Filters
From: "James Carruthers" <jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:42:45 +0100
Thank you for all your replies. I'll take a look at the throttle cable as soon
as I can get round to it.

My next question is to do with K&N air filters. With the car came the entire
top assembly of carbs, filters and the throttle control and choke bits (i
think) etc etc. No points to anyone who points out that it must have come with
this otherwise I wouldnt be able to drive it! - it was with all the spares
that came with it. So at the moment I have the standard BL air filter fitted
with the corrugated hose that goes towards the front of the car.

My question is - is it worth replacing the standard ones with the K&N ones?
They always seem to advertised as a plus point when I was looking at the
classifieds. And do I not need the hose if I have the K&N filters in place? I
dont see where they would connect to it.

James