Re: thanks! & K&N Filters

To: frank@zk3.dec.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: thanks! & K&N Filters
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:23:14 EDT
In a message dated 9/26/2001 2:02:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
frank@zk3.dec.com writes:

> Tom,
>
> > The K&N's alone added 1.6 hp.
>
> Cool, 1.6 hp... but my question was, how well do they *filter* ?
>
> - what size particles will they pass, vs. paper?
>
> - how does that change as they "load up" with trapped dirt?

All fair questions not addressed in the test, which is why I didn't introduce
this into this thread/saga until now, but they are "a reputable 3rd-party"
that gives some credence to K&N's HP claims so like I said, FWIW. I also
thought folks might be interested in the other modifications vs. gains.

NFI in K&N or GRM, OK?

Tom Burke
80 Spit