newsletters

Re: Newsletter Layout?

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Newsletter Layout?
From: Loren Williams <lsw@southwind.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 20:54:14 -0500

Phil Ethier wrote:

> >One labor-saving method I stole from a club up in the Northeast (I think
> >it was that Etheir guy specifically, if I remember correctly, and he may
> >still be on this list)
>
> I'm not that Etheir guy from the Northeast.  I'm that Ethier guy from
> Minnesota.

Forgive the spelling error, I really do know how to spell Ethier, I just
haven't had much sleep lately.  Minnesota is Northeast to about 1/4 of
the country!  Being a misplaced Floridian, everything is Northwest to
me, anyway.

> Basically, when I was drafted in 1987, I told them I would not be Editor
> unless there was a separate publisher.  They bought it.  I was Editor for a
> decade until I pulled the plug the first of this year.  I am taking time off
> from all my autocross activities to build my shop (another fine Mark
> Bradakis list!) and work on my Lotus.

I went the other route.  I'd rather publish than edit.  Editing involves
chasing down information, beating bushes for articles and harrassing
people about deadlines.  I never liked doing that. (I especially didn't
like it when certain people started telling me I was pushy... I had to
re-evaluate at that point)  I like doing the layout work.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://www2.southwind.net/~lsw
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca