newsletters

Re: Newsletter Layout?

To: newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newsletter Layout?
From: Paul Heuer <paul.heuer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 10:57:27 +0930
Thanks to all who replied to my query on layout options for my
newsletter.

Colin Cobb summed up my fundamental requirement: document text must flow
from any column to any other column.

It looks like I'm doing as well as can be expected using Word97.

My options seem to be:
1. Continue as I'm doing, but make my template file better, eg:include
page numbers to help sort out the doc flow.

2. Use a 'power' add-on macro for Word. Still trying to track it down...

3. Buy M$ Publisher, or Adobe Pagemaker. Publisher is cheaper, Pagemaker
has more features. Some say even these are overkill.

4. Buy Adobe Home Publisher, less features than Pagemaker but less $$$.
Availability for the PC?

Nice to make contact with people from all over the world who share the
editors' lot in life. I feel a little lucky in that I only have about 65
newsletters to get out.

Cheers,
Paul.