newsletters

Re: Newsletter Layout?

To: "Bob Lang" <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>,
Subject: Re: Newsletter Layout?
From: "Andrew R. Lindberg" <andylindberg@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 13:11:49 -0500
FWIW, I do the newsletter for the Minnesota Triumphs, "Triumphs &
Tribulations".  I think PageMaker is much easier to use than Word if you
want to do much of anything in the way of layout.  We recently upgraded to
PageMaker 6.5 and now I just convert the PageMaker file to PDF, put it on a
zip disk (it runs maybe 50 MB), take it down to Kinko's and they print
directly from the PDF file.  No copying.  Same cost as copying.  The final
product comes out at about 600 dpi, and you can actually tell what's in the
images you've inserted.  That wasn't always the case when we had the
newsletter copied.

Andy Lindberg