Re: clutch rebuilding

To: rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com, brian@uunet.ca
Subject: Re: clutch rebuilding
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 15:59:08 EDT
In a message dated 10/14/00 10:59:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com writes:

> We are looking at the things that we can easily assess such as
>  wheels, tires, brakes, carbs, transmissions.

Hey, Dick, how's it going?

Does that mean you'll be looking at the Jags with ventilated discs, 914-6
Porsches with later 911 engines, and unspecified British cars with Toyota
transmissions?

I used to do tech for the VRC in Vancouver, and it was bad enough getting
them to toe the line on safety matters - I don't envy you the delicate task
of deciding what to enforce and hat to ignore.

Personally, I would feel happier going into a corner ahead of an older car
with drum brakes, for instance, knowing that he had converted to period
discs. A good example would be either an Austin Healey 100, or a TR2. I would
have no problem with them having fitted Healey 3000 and TR3 discs,
respectively, though a grafted Camaro front end with huge ventilated discs
would certainly ring the bell on the old meter.

Tough decisions, that I am just as happy to leave to you guys - I prefer to
just race these days, rather than spending my time philosophising about
rules, as I did enough of that in past years.  Hope to see you at Seattle,
assuming that I get my ass in gear and my MG Twincam on the trailer.

Bill Spohn