Fw: clutch rebuilding

To: "Vintage list" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: clutch rebuilding
From: "JOHN HARDEN" <JOHN.HARDEN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:41:57 -0500
Brian Lister used multi disc clutches on all his Listers from 1953 until he
stopped production. They had riveted brake shoe type material and fingers
instead of diaphrams and the modern sintered metal type faceing material
used by Tilton and others. But the reason for their use was the same as it
is today, reduce the moment of inertia of the rotating mass.
John Harden