Re: Fw: clutch rebuilding

To: <Tombread@aol.com>, <lwdent@fwi.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: clutch rebuilding
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 08:43:33 -0400
Larry,

Surely you realise that if the flywheel bolts had sheared, the clutch was not
spinning with the engine??????

Roger

>>> lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com> 10/14/00 06:22PM >>>
I would be the last person to PO PO the value of a scattershield with a
stock flywheel and clutch BUT,

I recently sheared the flywheel bolts on my Sports 2000 at Road America.

I did not understand what was happening, thought I had a hand full of
neutrals in the gear box, so I bleeped the throttle about 5 or 6 times
before i realized that each time the engine was pegging the tach at
10,000.  God only knows how high the engine, and stock clutch and
flywheel, were turning, but NO BLOW.

In fact it seems the only damage was to the bolts that sheared.

Ted Wentz, builder of the engine, says replace the valve springs and rod
bolts and keep on trucking, since the engine has only 2 races from a
factory major.

INTERESTING?????