RE: $21,500 TR6 at auction

Subject: RE: $21,500 TR6 at auction
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:30:19 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ken :

Well, the fit & finish may not have been as good, but at least the TR6
didn't have to have it's motor replaced (not rebuilt, but replaced !) every
50K miles, like the Mazda RX-3 (AFAIK the only Mazda sold in the US in 1971)
did.  And the BMW 2002 had it's own share of problems, particularly
electrical.

On top of that, AFAIK neither BMW or Mazda offered a ragtop, at least in the
US.

BTW, there's a '71 2002 for $500 on autotrader.com for anyone who'd rather
enjoy that legendary German quality ... <g>

Randall