Re: $21,500 TR6 at auction

To: lgmtr6@juno.com, bethken@erols.com
Subject: Re: $21,500 TR6 at auction
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 07:24:29 PST
Cc: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
I too watched this thread for a while...

I think we are all concerned about "speculators" discovering a way to really
make a "killing" with our TRs(ala the Ferrari thing, a few years ago). I for
one don't think it will happen for TRs to that extent. We must accept a bit
of appreciation as our cars get increasingly rare. Still, there were PLENTY
made. As far as valuating a TR6, I think it should be whatever someone is
willing to pay to own one. Let "CAVEAT EMPTOR" rule in this regard too
(those that got in to Ferrari speculation late got burned).

Look to what's out there today available that would be a modern equivalent
to the TR6... I don't think a Miata would qualify as a TR6 equivalent. Now a
BMW M3 perhaps would. What does a new M3 cost? I think $21.5K for a showroom
floor condition TR6 is one hell of a bargain by comparison.

If one wanted to speculate on the TR market and put one aside for future
reward my pick would be a 1976 Brown TR7 with ALL original numbers correct,
and no rust (if one even exists). In 50 years I wonder what having the only
one of those left would mean price wise:)

My tuppence

Greg Petrolati