Re: $21,500 TR6 at auction

To: bethken@erols.com
Subject: Re: $21,500 TR6 at auction
From: Lawrence G Miceli <lgmtr6@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:05:06 -0500
Cc: vafred@erols.com, lgmtr6@juno.com, triumphs@autox.team.net

I finally have to jump back in here. I have watched the thread (which I
started :-) ) with a lot of mixed feelings.

Lots of pros and cons on the increasing price of our cars. But can any
one really say that a "brand new" TR6, (that is a TR6 that is in perfect
condition, with all new mechanicals) is not worth the same price as a
Dodge Neon. Sure the Dodge is new, with a/c, but the comparison stops
there.

The buyer of this TR6 was in no way "stupid". Sure, he may have spent
more than most would, but he indeed got "value" for his money, any way
you look at it.

And, fortunately , there  will ALWAYS be the $1,000 Triumph awaiting
those of us who want to get our hands dirty : - )

Larry Miceli
Gold Coast Triumph Club
Pompano Beach, Florida
'73 Stag