Re: $21,500 TR6 at auction

To: bethken@erols.com, greenman62@hotmail.com, lgmtr6@juno.com
Subject: Re: $21,500 TR6 at auction
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 07:48:12 PST
Cc: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Ken,

Well it's not fit and finish nor is it overall quality... It's esoteric...
kind of a heart-thing.

It's sort of a gut impression based on appearance of one in motion (I
haven't even driven one). To my mind's eye the Beemer touches more of what
the TR6 was about than the Miata does. I see the Miata as sort of a steel
Lotus Elan (and that's not a bad thing).

Quality, when you think of a sports car should not be a prime consideration.
Sports cars are things that touch our souls. We sacrifice to own them. They
aren't transportation for the body but the spirit. So, we sacrifice some
comfort, reliability and space, among other things to possess something that
sings to our hearts. A sports car is a "spit in the eye" to "sensible, grown
up" things.

I don't think anyone could hope to stay in business long selling any car
today built on TR6 standards (regardless of price). Of course we must
remember what was being built contemporary to the TR6... I don't think any
car built then would be up to today's standards.