Bio

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bio
From: "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 08:26:25 -5
Comments: Authenticated sender is <lti-ntbdc/dmericas/dmericas@lti-ntbdc.limno.com>

I'm 46, married 21 years, and work as a consulting environmental
engineer for a small firm in Ann Arbor.  My work focuses on assessing
and controlling the environmental impacts of aircraft and airfield
deicing (they use glycols, formates, acetates, and other chemicals
that are compatible with the stuff they make airplanes out of).  My
clients are mostly airports in the snow belt (newest is Anchorage)
and I get to go to project sites at the worst times of the year.
Many years ago I specialized in water quality problems in tropical
lakes.  Go figure.

I have been enamored by LBCs since childhood when my dad's cars
consisted of an MG-TD, an Austin sedan, and a Jaguar MK IV.  He was
trained as an aircraft machinest and marine engineer, and taught me
how to use tools and to be unafraid of taking anything apart.  I
inherited his collection of tools when he passed away 3 years ago,
and still think of him whenever I'm working on the cars.

Dad shifted to American iron when I was 12, but I was already
hooked. My first car was a badly abused Sunbeam MK IV that I rebuilt
as I drove it through college.  After that, I've had a Rover 3500S,
Datsun 240Z, TR3A, VW Scirocco, RX7, TR4, Volvo 1800ES, and a bunch
of unremarkable Volvo and Saab daily drivers.  I bought the TR4 as a
40th birthday present to myself, and the 1800ES as an extravagance a
year and a half ago. I still own these two cars.

Recently I have hooked up with a loosely-bound group of old car
folks around Ann Arbor who do driving tours, breakfasts, etc.  It's a
real transition from the solitary side of the hobby that I've known
for so many years, and I'm really enjoying it.

Other interests are furniture design, woodworking, and sailing.  I
have far too little time to pursue these on a regular basis.

This group has been an invaluable resource to me.
Dean Mericas, Ph.D.                     Assoc. Vice President
Limno-Tech, Inc.          501 Avis Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Phone:   (734) 332-1200                   Fax: (734) 332-1212
email:  dmericas@limno.com               http://www.limno.com