Bio

To: "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bio
From: "Mark S. Durkee" <tr3a@itis.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:34:51 -0500
Hello to all,

I've been a member of the list for a couple of months now and have found it
to be informative and a valuable tool for learning more about my LBC.

I've been happily married now for 18 (nine of them happy -  a day here and
a day there) years to the same girl.  We have two children, a daughter that
just got her driver's license last month and a son 12.  I will be
celebrating the 15th anniversary of my 30th birthday this year.  I am the
Program Director and teach in the Mechanical Design Department at the
Technical College here in Madison, Wisconsin. I teach the CAD courses
(AutoCAD and SolidWorks) and some of the drafting courses.

I got interested in British cars while I was in high school.  I worked
summers hanging drywall for a guy that was in his late twenties and single.
 Every summer he bought a new sports car.  I used to ride in his cars and
dream of the day I could buy one.  He would tell me as we cruised down the
road, "stay single and you can have all the cars you want".  I remember
that he had an MGB, GT6, TVR and others.  The first new car I bought was a
1977 blue Spitfire when I graduated from college.  Not too practical in
Wisconsin winters but I loved that car.  Of course I sold it when just
before I got married for something more practical.  Can you call a Camaro
more practical?   I missed that car from the day I sold it and finally got
a replacement when I went through a mid-life crisis at the age of 40 and
bought a 58 TR3A and joined a health club.  I told my wife better a little
red sports car rather than a  little young red head (of which she happens
to be). Now four years later I still get reminded of that car in the garage
that I hardly ever drive.

My TR3A has an oil pressure problem 60psi when cold and drops to 5psi when
hot.  I hate to drive it too much until I get if fixed.  I've pulled the
oil pan and checked the pump which is good.  I still have to check the
bearings but I guess I know what my answer will be.  So I'm looking for a
good engine rebuilder in the Madison, WI area to rebuild the engine for me.
 Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cars I've owned include; 68 Chevrolet Biscayne (my first), 68 Oldsmobile
Delmont, 73 Vega (way to go GM), 72 Nova, 77 Spitfire, 80 Camaro (replaced
my Spit - not!). 86 Nova (two of those), 90 GMC Safari, 58 TR3A, 95 Chev
Astro, 99 Ford Ranger.

I, like another lister am involved in ham radio (N9KBG).  Other than that I
spend most of my free time attending my kids athletic events.

Mark D.
58 TR3A