Bio

To: "ALL" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bio
From: "BOB KAMHOLTZ" <THUNDERBOLT@TECHHEADNET.COM>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 23:34:09 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Well here goes

My name is Bob Kamholtz and my wife's name is Sharon. We have been married
for 33 years as of Aug. 13th. I tell everyone that we have had only 2
fights, the 1st lasted for 16 years and the 2th is still going strong. We
have 2 lovely children, David (Dave) will be 32 on Aug. 19 and Deanna (Dee)
was 29 on July 24th. I am proud to saw that I have infected Dave with
Triumphites. We found a 62 TR4 with a bad motor. Rebuild a short block I had
siting around, the car runs like a bat now.

My first thing I remember doing  with cars was when I was about 9 or 10
years old. My dad told me to full the car up with oil, so I did 22 qts.
later it was FULL. Didn't mention that dad got he oil bulk (55 gal drum).
Shortly after that the engine went out on his milk truck. The old engine was
left sitting in the corner. I asked if I could take it apart. SURE he said
with a smile. After talking every nut, bolt and washer off it I said I was
"DONE". Not yet he said with that same smile, now put back together and
there better not be any parts left over. Well after 4 or 5 days it was done.
He didn't find the extra nuts and bolts until much later.

My first TR was a 59 TR3 than a 6 for Sharon. Than I found a TR3 racecar.
Sharon said I would have to sell one of the car if I wanted the racecar, so
I sold her TR6. I raced the 3 for 4 years without much luck, kept bolwing
headgaskets. Over the winter I found A Chevy V6 and a 5 speed and installed
it into the 3. What a kick in the pants. At the same time I started a
busness called THUNDERBOLT ENTERPRISES selling only TR parts. This lasted
for 9 years. Didn't make much money, but had a lot of fun and met a lot of
very nice people along the way. My project is a kit car called a "Jamaican"
with a TR running gear and frane. Sharon has another TR6 and the racecar is
gone.

I am planing to retire (will be 55 in Dec.) in March next year, than move to
Earlington,Kentucky. Can't wait. Hobbies are TR's, TR's, and more TR's, also
used to do woodcarving but got out when I got into TR's.

Thanks
Bob & Sharon Kamholtz
ECOD