Bio

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bio
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 10:41:47 EDT
I haven't checked my mail in a few days, and so I have just spent the last
hour reading about everyone's bios.  So as to not be left out, here goes.

Gary Bouffard, 48 years old, married 25 years to Diane who encourages me to
stay in the garage, hmm, maybe that's not a good thing.  Two children,the
oldest graduated from Philadelphia Textile and is now in the process of
obtaining her masters, the last one just finished college at Rensselaer Poly
Technic Institute (RPI)  and he is gainfully employed a Pratt & Whitney.
Soon (I hope!) my wife and I will be empty nesters.  So that we have
something to do with all the money not being spent on college, my wife
recently opened a Frame Shop and Gallery.  I'm not allowed in there unless
something breaks and needs to be fixed!

I grew up in Waterbury, Ct. a real gear head city that appreciated mostly
American iron.  However, a highshool friend of mine had an MGA,  I loved
going for rides in that car and when a TR250 blew past us one day, I lusted
in my heart for Triumph.  Little did I know that I would have to wait 30
years!

It's hard to remember all the cars, all but a few were so forgetable. A local
mechanic took my brother and I under his wing and gave us a Fiat 1200 sedan
(suicide doors) to rebuild.  This was my first experience with working on
cars and I have been fooling with them ever since. My brother and I really
screwed up that Fiat , but learned a lot from our mistakes.  The others were
a 65 Dodge Coronet (in this car I discovered why recaps are not high speed
tires), 60 VW convertible (wonderfull heater for New England winters), 65
Saab 95 2 cycle, upgraded single carb to triple carb 42 HP, argh! argh! argh!
  74 Fiat 128 (still the best handling car I have ever owned),  73 Ford
Torino Wagon, 78 Malibu Wagon,   81 Escort,  81 Camaro, 88 Buick Century, 88
Camaro, and currently 97 Eclipse Spyder Turbo (I want to tweek the turbo but
Diane won't let me, well it is her car), 98 Dodge Intrepid, 59 TR3A (aka
garage clutter).  God, that's a lot of srap iron over the years!

I am the chief operating officer at a small manufacturing company (150
people).  We make forgings for the automotive, aerospace, hardware etc.
industries plus have a substancial machine shop.  I therefore have used on
more than one occasion the considerable resources (sandblasters,
wheelabrators, degeasing tanks, steam gennies,gauges) for my restoration
efforts.

Like many others on the list, I participate or have participated in an
eclectic assortment of hobbies such as woodworking, sailing, pottery,
photography, fly fishing, power boating, saltwater fishing, golf (though you
wouldn't believe it if you were to see my swing), and now restoring the TR3A.
 I am already contemplating my next piece of english iron, Tr4, 250, 6?
What's it gonna be?

Restoringly yours,

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A TS59399