Bio

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bio
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 00:37:06 -0400
Bio
Sumner Weisman

Well, I'm another O.F. (Ole Fart) -- sixty-something.  Been retired from
Industry for two years, having fun with my toys, hobbies, and interests.
Married many years to the same woman.  I know so many people that have been
married and divorced 2 or 3 times that I think there must be something wrong
with me.  I have 3 grown sons and one grandkid.

I was in the Navy for 4 years, got married, and was a broadcast engineer for
a few years in AM radio.  Then went to school thanks to Uncle Sam, and
became an electronics engineer.  Rose through the ranks in a number of
companies, mostly in the Electronic Instrumentation field.  My last job was
18 years with one company, a record for me, where I started as Chief
Engineer and eventually changed hats and moved to the sales dept. and became
National Sales Manager.  I traveled all over the US and Canada, putting on
seminars for groups of technical people in Industry, going to trade shows,
and visiting sales reps.  I sure did enjoy that job, which lasted until
retirement.

Among my other hobbies are ham radio (W1VIV since I was a kid, now treasurer
of the local radio club), photography, travel, and lots of walking.  I am a
volunteer ESL teacher (English as a Second Language) one day a week at the
local public library.  I have had the TR3 for 11 years, and before that was
a 1970 MGB-GT.  My goal is to keep working away at the TR3 and making it
better.  It's got a long way to go.

Sumner