RE: SU Dashpot oil

To: "'Triumphs'" <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: SU Dashpot oil
From: "Wood, Jeff" <JWood@MediaOne.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 15:29:47 -0500
Well, on my SU's I ran on my Spit, I could get away with no oil.
My older stromberg was ok with it as well, but it did seem a bit rich
My newer strom. hates it. It has a big needle and jet, so I get a very
rich mix, and the car just runs terrible. The oil slows the rate of
accent of the slide, and no oil means only the spring is slowing the
slide down. This could be good or bad, depends on the tuning of the
car/carb in general.