Re[2]: SU Dashpot oil

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: Re[2]: SU Dashpot oil
From: "Dave Rupert"<Dave_Rupert@codl.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 97 13:18:23 -0500
     Dan,

     Isn't it the other way around?  The oil is supposed to work as a
     damper, so getting rid of it would make the piston move more quickly.

     Maybe I'll have to find this guy and ask him.

     Just guessing,

     Dave Rupert
     1967 TR4A
     1980 TR7

Dave:

This is well outside my area of expertise, but given that the purpose of the
dash pot is to provide an enriched mixture when the accelerator pedal is
floored, it doesn't seem to me to be a good idea for a street driven car. It
would be the same as removing the accelerator pump on an American carburetor!

Maybe on a race car, the engine is kept at high rpm all the time, so it isn't
needed?

Curious!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN