Re: SU dashpot oil

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SU dashpot oil
From: cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com (Charles Y. Farwell)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:41:37 -0700 "Re: SU dashpot oil" (Oct 26, 6:42pm)
        Hang on, there. I've been following this thread thinking something
        is not quite right regarding how much oil to put in. I have never
        before heard of anyone filling an SU damper up to the top (or 1/4 inch
        below), as several people have suggested.

        So last nite I finally got back to check my original tr4 manual,
        which definately states (for SU carbs) something like "fill the
        dashpot such that the plunger feels resistance when the threads of
        the plunger nut are 1/4" above the top of the damper". This is
        *much* different than filling almost to the top.

        Usually this list is very quick to correct mis-information such as
        this. Am I completely off base on this one?
Charlie Farwell             1962 TR4 #CT3852L
cfarwell@lucent.com