Re: Temperatures, oil pressure, and springs

To: spitlist@gte.net, foxtrapper@softhome.net
Subject: Re: Temperatures, oil pressure, and springs
From: "George P." <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 07:52:37 -0400
Joe,

Thanks for your inputs.  Am I correct in assuming that the 10-1/4 inch
measurement is the unloaded height?  Also, Nolan said his 2 coil count was
very "unscientific" - just 2 loops from the start of the spring and cut.  Is
this how you counted your coils?  There's another guy in MD whose website
said that he cut 1 or 2 (I've forgotten exactly now, but the number is not
important) *ACTIVE* coils, which I would assume to mean he's loaded the
spring and then counted his coil(s) from where the coils begin to seperate.
Comments?

Thanks a lot!

George P.