Who's who

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Who's who
From: "William Hatfield" <jhatfield@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:59:00 -0700
Hi all:   Guess I'll join in here.  I'm 57 retired aircraft/industrial
mechanic-maintenance forman with 2 sons and 2 grand kid (one of each sex).   I
bought the red 67 (early) new in Long Beach Calif.   What enamored me so much
to the car was the fact I just couldn"t wear it out.  Points, plugs, a couple
of batteries, and sets of tires and little else in 25 years of daily driving.
I re built her in 91/92 and put  in the VG-30, but don't believe all you hear
about rust free Calif. cars, not on the coast anyway as I spent a lot of time
cutting and replacing sheet metal from her years there.   Paid $ 2675
including tax and lic. (boy would that be a bargain today for a brand new
roadster)
        I am a Vietnam era vet, but I wasn't there (the closest I got was
Japan, patching bullet holes in aircraft from there) but uncle Sam sends you
where he wants you.  I bought my 2nd roadster in 94 in El Paso and it was
really rust free since it was sold new there, and it's still in progress.
     The first car I bought after getting out of the military was a 61 biscane
with a 409/425 hp engine, talk about a sleeper, but having a growing a family
caused a trade for a more civalized car  (which I regret now, 409's are pretty
rare today)
      I've enjoyed the who's who on the list learning about some of you.
Bill    66&67 spls in NM