FW: Who's who

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Who's who
From: "Lino Baggio" <lino.baggio@idxcorporation.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:53:12 -0500
Sorry for the late introduction; I know that a lot of the 'who's
who'posting happened late last week - I do have a Roadster related
excuse for the delay.

My name is Lino Baggio, age 34, single. I live in Guelph,Ontario,
Canada, just west of Toronto - across town from Peter Long, who a lot of
the members on this list may already know. My degree in Architecture has
found me in the retail construction field - I work as a project manager
for a company called idX, which specializes in anything involved inside
the building envelope of a retail space - from fixturing to finish
millwork, in wood, metal, glass, plastic, fabric or whatever. I've been
with this company for about 3 years, and in this field for almost 10
years. I've done work in most of the major shopping centers throughout
the US; some of projects I've worked on include Victoria's Secret (I've
built about 42 shops this year)- no I don't work with the models, I deal
with the general Contractor's on the job site, J.Crew, A/X Armani
Exchange, Hugo Boss, Tommy Hilfiger, Timberland, Ann Taylor, and
countless others. My title is 'Senior Project Manager'; my job
description is 'fire-fighting' I deal with all the problems that may
arise during the building of the space. I'm the one responsible for the
scope of the project from inception to completion.

I've always been a fan of Datsuns. I bought my first car when I was 17 -
a 1971 240Z - I still own this car and is one of my favorites. Along the
way, I used it to teach myself some mechanical tinkering skills as I
couldn't really afford to pay real mechanics while I was putting myself
through university. It has 3X webbers, 3.1L, 5 speed and suspension
upgrades, and is the car I take to track days. About 6 years ago, I
decided I wanted a convertible, and after sampling some old British
stuff, decided that they just didn't perform as well as I'd like - I was
spoiled with my 240Z. I decided to build a convertible 240Z, which is my
second Datsun. It took me about 4.5 years, but it turned out
exceptionally well and it's something I'm quite proud of. It has a 2.8L,
3Xwebbers, 5 speed, coil-overs, 16" wheels and a working convertible
roof.

With still a little room left in the garage, I thought that a Datsun
Roadster would make an excellent daily driver - so in April of this
year, my dad and I drove 7500km (4600miles +/-) round trip to Lethbridge
Alberta to pick up a nicely restored '68, SPL311 with a U20/solex
transplant. I't  great car and an absolute blast, but was a bit of a
compromise as I was really looking for a '67.5 2000, plus it was already
finished and part of the fun with old cars is doing the work yourself.

This leads to my late posting as I just returned from a 3000km
(1800mile) round trip to Lawrenceville, GA to pick up my latest project
- SRL311-000016, U20-00203, the low windshield 2L car that I've always
wanted. A complete ground up restoration is being planned as I type.

This list has been great in the short time that I've been a member -
since April. It has great members and an wealth of knowledge that you
just can't find anywhere else - I look forward to the many answers to
the many questions I will have once the restoration begins!

Cheers!