Who's who

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Who's who
From: snyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:07:10 -0500
Guess I'll jump in as well.
        My name is Marc Tyler, I've been married 10 years to the love
of my life, Heidi.  We live on 20 acres in Sisterdale Texas about 30
miles from San Antonio.  A few miles from where Heidi grew up.  No
kids, but some geriatric cats.  Together we run Animal Firm, a mom n'
pop creature shop that makes fake animals, puppets and costumes for
films, TV and whoever else needs them.  Last year I came to the list
with a metalurgical question concerning an animatronic humping dog.
The list as always, came through.  The dog was for "Stealing Harvard"
which I haven't seen, so I don't know if our dog got in or ended up
on the cutting room floor =)  If you're curious about our stuff,
there's a link below.
         I first noticed the roadster when my next door neighbor
brought one home He was a salesman at Obi's Datsun in Jacksonville
Florida (Hi Sid!).  I was about ten at the time. While working at
effects shops inthe SF Valley years later in 1987 I bought the 1970
1600 I have today.  I had always had a kind of low-level car jones,
but now I find myself with the Roadster which I am much more
comfortable working on now that there are no mechanics around, and 2
1965 Datsun L320 trucks that are being merged into one.  I'm stalled
right now on the resto waiting for bushings and shocks, the chassis
is almost ready to go together, then on to having the J13 engine
checked out.  (I lied about no mechanics, there's an MG guy just a
few miles away with a field of dreams (Jags, MGAs ,a PL411 sss with
R1 engine, a couple 510s, minis, Morris Minors) anyway, he'll be
looking at the engine which is virtually a clone of the BMC B series.
Bodywork on the truck will begin next year with any luck.
        The list has been a great thing, both for technical and
social reasons.  Nice to be able to ask about some arcane thing one
day and come cry on our collective beer another.  Thanks to everybody.
-Marc
--
Marc Tyler
Designer,