Who's who

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Who's who
From: "Ryan Roswell Bird" <BirdMan@myrealbox.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:00:36 -0400
Ok, why not?

Hello all,

A few of you know me, and I put some of this stuff on my website, but here I go.

Ryan Roswell Bird, 29, married 6 years to my wonderful wife Theresa.  We have
three children, Julie (4), Katherine (2), and James (1).  All three children
have been born in different states.  (Utah, California, and Arizona)  We are
officially residents of Arizona but my family has been with me in Columbus,
Ohio for the past month as I work on a consulting engagement.  We plan to
return to Arizona in December.

I grew up on a fruit farm in central Utah.  I was a self-proclaimed computer
geek growing up who ran BBS for three years, sold PCbs to anyone I could, and
ended up supporting business and their networks. My first real car was a 76
280z, I also had a 77 Yamaha 650 twin that I anjoyed.

I left for Philadelphia to work in the Vietnamese community at the age of 19,
(Itbs a Mormon thing) and came home with a new language (Vietnamese) and
passion (Asia).  After returning home, I tried my hand at college, but dropped
out after one bad semester.  I studied for two months and passed all seven CNE
(Certified Novell Engineer) exams, after gaining certification, I packed my
suitcase and headed off to Vietnam.  I had a three-week ticket, but ended up
staying nearly a year, ultimately landing in Hanoi with a systems integration
firm.  My lack of formal education finally got to me and I left Vietnam to get
beducatedb.  Three years later I graduated college and started working for
Novell.  I relocated to So-Cal and worked as a technical consultant for Novell
for two years, then headed back to college in Arizona.  (Thunderbird, Executive
MBA Program)  I am now a freelance consultant / project manager, which when
Ibm working, pays well.  Graduation comes in six months, and it is almost time
to figure out what and where I want be when I grow upb&. or at least for the
next few years.  A month long business trip to Southeast Asia and China in
March should help the decision process.

I am not a mechanic and hardly classify myself as a gearhead, but I have sure
enjoyed working on my little roadster.  I appreciate the community we have here
and am constantly amazed by the depth of knowledge you all possess.

Ryan Bird
67 1600
Tempe, AZ
www.azroc.org/ryan