RE: FW: UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)

Subject: RE: FW: UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)
From: Erik Van-der-Mey <autox@webcentrix.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:30:13 -0500
At 9:29 PM -0700 7/5/03, Hugh Barber wrote:
>If you folks are happy to go to a "National Championship" where any bozo can
>compete, then more power to you.  I think it destroys some of the prestige
>of the event.  Would the Olympics have the prestige they currently enjoy if
>anybody could just show up and compete?

But most people don't brag about coming in 45th out of 45 entries in
their Class...

Lots of countries send athletes to the Olympics to compete. Only
three go home with medals, but everyone can say that they
participated.

You suggestions on limiting entry to the Championship border on "you
suck so don't bother entering..." How is that not elitist???

Regards,
--
Erik Van-der-Mey                             http://erik.vandermey.net/
2002 VW Silver Hare                               http://vw.com/GTI337/