RE: FW: UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)

To: tr6nut@sbcglobal.net, autox@webcentrix.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: FW: UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)
From: "Don Kline" <solo2dmmr2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 14:16:38 -0500
Hugh,

All one has to do is pay for a waiver and go to Nationals.  No need to run
any event during the year and still be able to compete at Nationals.  I have
done it in the past when it was a "bad" year or two.  I've gotten trophies
twice in 24 visits to Nationals and know of others (including a 100%er) who
have gone to 20 or more and never gotten a trophy.  In what way have we
demeaned the event and lessend the quality of those who won??  I don't think
the winners sandbag to make us look any better and likewise don't think they
try harder to make us look bad.  Everyone does his/her best on each run.  I
guess in your mind if I really want to see all the friends I get to see once
a year at National, I should just go and visit and not run because I'm not
qualified/worthy/fast enough/etc. etc.  Running is the primary reason for
being there and to see how one stacks up against the best in the sport.  A
class champion is a class champion whether there is one entry or 100.
Nationals crowns the champion of those in attendance.  Let those who choose
to attend attend.

>From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>

Actually I was referring to
>folks who don't run a Solo event all year, enter the Divisional and finish
>last in class.  By the current rules, they are eligible to enter the
>Nationals.  To me, something seems a bit off with that. No, I don't have
>any
>stats on how often/if that happens, but it just seems wrong to me that one
>could do that.

Don-reminding to thank GOD for his gift of Jesus-Kline