RE: FW: UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>,
Subject: RE: FW: UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 10:59:07 -0700
Just for the record, I did not say "win", I said compete.  That means
anybody can enter and take up run time and resources from someone who
deserves to be there and is a contender.  There was no intent to belittle
the folks who are (or have been) National Champs.  There are just a lot of
folks there who belong there about as much as you or I belong on the
starting grid of a Formula One race.  For instance, last year, Tim Suddard
brought out their "Project Mini" with a bunch of guys from BMW to the
National Championships.  Those guys from BMW didn't belong at the Nationals.
As for me,I actively ran SoloII and autocrossing in the early to mid 80's in
the San Francisco region and won a couple of regional championships in
class. While I no longer actively autocross (due to work and home), I
actively follow the sport and have the advantage of knowing some of the
history of it (since I was there).  If you feel that since I'm not actively
competing that my opinion is less valid, then so be it.  That's just your
opinion