Re: Peru Pro

To: "washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Peru Pro
From: "Rick Cone" <conekiller@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 10:16:28 -0400
>>Sounds like one of those "s**t happens" things. <<
Then we nearly had diarrhea.  There were three other close calls in the same
section of course.
All front wheel drive cars.  I started it off on Saturday AM, first heat,
second run on the right course.  Long straight, followed by a moderately
tight 3 or 4 cone slalom, 100 feet straight, ** Chicago Box **, which if you
did it right you could flat foot it.  There were at least 4 of us that tried
to do it right and failed.  It only cost me two and a half Hoosiers, and
probably the event, as I had to revert to my backups with 37 runs on them.

Congrats to Ken Rup who pulled two out on his last runs on both sides on
warm Hoosiers, that King Thompson (2nd) warmed up.

On to Petersburg, where if history serves me right, the way they setup
courses, the only way you can hit another car is to leave the line in
reverse.

Rick Cone