Re: Integra AutoXing

To: Dale Botkin <dale@botkin.org>
Subject: Re: Integra AutoXing
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:55:26 -0400
Dale Botkin wrote:
> And so I've been trying to learn to heel-and-toe.  My problem is that
> in my car ('98 Mustang coupe), there is a few inches difference in
> height between the brake and accelerator -- the brake pedal sits even
> with the clutch, up high, but the gas is 2-3" lower, maybe more.

The height relationship between brake and clutch is irrelevant -- only
the height relationship between brake and throttle matters.

And it sounds like your Mustang is set up correctly, or close anyway.
When you're threshhold braking, the pedals should be the same height.
Naturally, that means the brake pedal should be closer to you (further
from the floor) when it's not being depressed.

2-3" does sound like a lot, though.  If the pedal doesn't move far
enough down, then perhaps some adjustment needs to be made.

I don't think it's legal to put a spacer on the throttle pedal, but
you can modify the right side of your right shoe...

Mark