Re: Integra autoXing

To: bvl@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Integra autoXing
From: PgrMstr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 08:24:05 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/99 9:00:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, bvl@ibm.net
writes:

> Integra (now R :) racer in my region ran this setup last year. He was
>  not sure how much better the 225s were in the front (he ran V700s). He
>  did need to use a slight spacer to help the fronts not rub on the inside.
>  Full lock still had a tad of rub, but that is not that bad.

I too am running this setup and experience the rubbing during full lock while
under suspension compression......as far as spacers go, what are the types?
Is it simply a flat washer that go over the studs? I've read somewhere that
with a hubcentirc wheel, the hub thereby shares the loads of tfe flexing
wheel. With a washer/spacer on the studs, does this defeat the hubcentric
idea and increase the stress on the studs themselves? Is it much and will it
shorten the life of them? Is it safe considering the loads exhurted during
and autox run? Are there hubcentic wheel spacers available?

Jeff MacRae
97 GSR Sdn
Philly Region #39 GS