Re: Integra AutoXing

To: <SpeedPak@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Integra AutoXing
From: "Ron Bauer" <ronbauer@aa.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:26:30 -0000
Now that I've been driving the Type R for awhile, I've found that on a
number of courses, you can keep it in 2nd gear and not hurt yourself.
However, to be driven as quickly as the car can be driven, you will have to
downshift occasionally.  Heel and Toe is THE only way to make sure that this
is done without upsetting the car.  If you "he-man" the downshift, you'll
lose more time from the car being out of balance than you will gain from the
power advantage.

My suggestion is to learn how to do it and practice it all the time.  Any
stickshift I drive in an autocross or on the street, is driven with heel and
toe downshifts.  I do this regardless of whether it's aggressive driving or
not.  The more you can practice things in a real world environment, the
better prepared you'll be at the autocross.

Ron Bauer
'98 Acura Integra Type R
Team Butt Heat
ronbauer@aa.net