Re: Integra AutoXing

To: "washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>, "Jason Bowles" <jbowles@carol.net>
Subject: Re: Integra AutoXing
From: "Ron Bauer" <ronbauer@aa.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:21:57 -0000
While what you say is true that different drivers sometimes like things a
little different, I don't think that normally there should be a large
disparity from car to car.

Personally, I prefer the rear end to be a tiny bit loose, however, Annie
Gill and I run her Type R with 36 pounds front and rear on Kumhos with the
big 225/50/15 all the way around.  This seems to be against the "norm" of
what all of the other Type R drivers have been doing.  They have been
running 225's in the front and 205's in the rear to help oversteer.  I think
driving style can make a difference, and I still have no problem with
getting some rear end rotation.

As with any car, if you drive it to fast into a turn, it's most likely going
to understeer.  Increasing rear pressures to "compensate" for this will not
help.

Ron Bauer
'98 Integra Type R
Team Butt Heat