Re: Radiators

To: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Radiators
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 05:54:12 -0600
At 08:19 PM 3/8/03 -0500, David Friedlander wrote:

>Thanks, Dick, just as I thought. Can't understand why re-coring costs
>more than a new stock radiator but life is full of mysteries, no?

You may want to check whether the new radiator is truly a TRiumph radiator
or is a repro made to oem specs. There have been reports on this list
before about poor quality reproductions that were fairly fragile. As a
result, when the radiator in my TR6 started to leak last fall, I had it
re-cored. YMMV.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58