Re: Radiators

To: Jadewey211@cs.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radiators
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 20:01:14 -0500
Thanks, Jeff. Wasn't trying to skimp on the radiator. I'm already spending
way too much on rebuilding and restoring this vehicle and that's why I
asked these questions in the first place. Im trying to understand what the
"stock" TR6 radiator core is and if the list feels that this core is sufficient.
Perhaps I should ask if I need to upgrade the radiator core, as I am going
with the Piper 270 cam and upping the compression to 9.5:1, also installing
headers. Perhaps a stock radiator with an electric fan pushing?

The stock radiator, Jeff, is $225 NEW from TRF. Recoring with D-core, you
say, is $275, so that in itself is something to consider. I don't think stock
radiators overheat unless there are either hot weather conditions or some
contributing system malfunction.

Yes, Jeff, your input DOES help. I value everyone's opinion and consider
carefully. I'm just trying to understand, since my own radiator wasn't stock
when I bought the TR and I sure have problems now!

Thanks again,

Dave Friedlander
CF25194UO