Re: Radiators

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radiators
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 21:24:39 -0500
Whoa, Pete, now *that's* a different perspective and more of what
I was really concerned about!

" It seems that some of the cars are fine with a stock rad and some
  need additional help."

I can see the fog real clearly now, thanks! :- )

Can someone verify whether the stock TR250/6 radiator is, in fact,
3-row?

Dave Friedlander
CF25194UO

Peter Macholdt wrote:

  Well, I have to jump in here as the contratian. My 250 has an engine
with
  about 10K miles. It is in good shape as indicated by a leak-down test
and
  the way it runs.

  Before last winter, it ran a bit over 1/3 on the temp gauge under
normal
  conditions and a bit over 1/2 while idling in really hot weather.
After last
  winter, the temp was running about 1/2 at speed and much hotter at
idle.

  What happened last winter? Why, a hotter cam and increased
compression.

  I tweaked the timing but could not get it to run in a comfortable
range. The
  solution was for me to get my radiator re-cored to a 4 row (I think
stock
  was 3 row). This helped a lot.

  I know I'm not the only one with this problem. It seems that some of
the
  cars are fine with a stock rad and some need additional help.

  Peter
  '68 TR250