RE: Poor dash lighting

To: "Fader, Hugh (H.O.)" <hfader@ford.com>,
Subject: RE: Poor dash lighting
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:15:10 -0800
The major benefit of the LED lamps is cooler running and longer (much,
much longer) life.  a bit of power wastage is probably not a bad thing in
this case.  Although an electronic timer based on a 555 timer IC would be
easy to fix up

I just read (yes after replying) all of the posts on this.  The limiting
resistor I talked about to used to limit the current that can flow through
the LED.  The load equalizing resistor is to provide the load needed to
make/break the blinker unit

Steve