RE: Poor dash lighting

To: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>, "'jonmac'" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Poor dash lighting
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:36:07 -0800 (PST)
Hugh, Don, & Steve
Want to thank you all for the replies.
I still have questions on these bulbs since reading some of your responses. In
some of the modification that Dan Masters has done, he suggests eliminating the
rheostat for a more direct conenection to givconnectionr to the weak bulbs.
If this is the case wouldn't a more powerful bulb with the rheostat cause the
voltage to go down if turned to the almost full off or some where in between
giving a brighter dash board?
Also Steve talked about ma's & ohm's of the bulbs for led's. I don't remember
some of what this means in relationship to heat. This is what the package that
the bulbs in question have on them.
voltage 14.4v
rated current 100mA
light output .75MSCP
If these bulbs using the rheostat are to powerful, in producing to much heat,
then what should I be look for?
Thanks again. Dale
 Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net> wrote: Hi Dale. 14.4W sounds way too high
considering the stock bulbs are 2.2W.
What is the voltage rating of these bulbs? If it's not 12V, then the 14.4W
rating is not valid for autos. If it's 14.4W at 12V, then you'll probably
melt the gage.