Re: Lotus

To: Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Lotus
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:07:52 -0800
Phil, the SM rules allow you to use either any engine from the
manufacturer of the car, or if the stock engine is from another
company, any engine from the other manufacturer instead.

So for instance (and I have no idea why anyone would want to do this)
someone could take my housemate's Geo Prizm (which has a Toyota
engine) and install any GM engine or any Toyota engine.

So the question Rich asked has meaning.  Is the Lotus Twincam engine
considered a Lotus engine, or a Ford engine?

I don't know many details about the engine.  Is it essentially just a
Ford engine with a custom head, or were there other changes?

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94